How Sytera Shines
- Founder and owner of SyteraYoga
- Wife and mother of three
- Lifetime dancer, artist, and yoga practitioner
For more than 20 years, Sytera has helped thousands of students, from elite athletes to desk-job workers, realize the life-changing physical and mental benefits of healthy movement. As a biomechanics expert, Sytera trains massage therapists, yoga teachers, physical therapists, chiropractors, and personal trainers.
Sytera developed the Nadi Ball Method® for stress reduction, pain relief, and increased mobility. The method integrates the use of massage balls into movement, stretching, and strengthening. In a feature on the Nadi Ball Method in January 2020, Northern Virginia Magazine explained, “The balls work into the fascia lines, creating openness and encouraging correct alignment, and students can feel how sensations are connected throughout the body.”
Through her easy-to-access instruction of the complexities of movement, Sytera’s students begin to understand where they hold stress and tension. Because they can feel the difference in their own bodies immediately, her students often use the word “magic” when describing her Nadi Method to their families and friends.
The key to sustainable wellbeing is to challenge your body to stretch toward your goals without overwhelming your system. You “bend but don’t break.” Sytera’s highly individualized training analyzes your movement and postural patterns in order to help you achieve unrestricted movement. The result is feeling clear and energized, feeling engaged in life instead of depleted by it. Sytera’s goal is to bring a creative and uplifting spirit to each session to help you meet your unique wellness goals and bring out the best of what is uniquely you.
Sytera’s corporate clients include Mars Inc., the Discovery Channel, PartnerMD, Share Our Strength, and many others. She has partnerships with the National Spinal Health Foundation, United Wellness and Sports Rehab, and Inova Wellness.
Find Sytera in the Media:
- Yoga Is More Than A Pose, National Spine Health Foundation’s Get Back To It podcast, March 9, 2021
- Understanding Yogic Nadis – The Energetic Lines In Your Body, Curious Monki podcast, February 21, 2020
- McLean’s SyteraYoga Launches Its Unique Nadi Ball Method, Northern Virginia Magazine, January 2020
- Developing the Nadi Ball & Expanding a Yoga Studio, Mastering the Business of Yoga podcast, October 21, 2019
- Learning to Trust My Body Again after Traumatic Injury, Balance Your Life podcast, October 10, 2019
- How to Become a Private Yoga Teacher, Mastering the Business of Yoga podcast, November 7, 2016